Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Our summer life

Well, here is another post, but I'm out of ideas, at about 30 posts, while my sister is still going at about 350 posts! Now, I feel small. This happened to be the inspiration of the moment, and I hope you enjoy our summer life description!


(This is Rosetta!)
Really though, we do have a smallish farm going, including several gardens, mostly tomatoes and beans. My dad is our gardener and has planted pumpkins,( several kinds) peas, squash,( several kinds) broccoli, corn, kale, carrots, lettuce, radishes, tomatoes and beans.:) As you can see, we are going to be stocked up on veggies this summer. Our orchard is not doing very good, except for 1 tree of Asian pears. Just to let you get a glimpse of how much it produces, we are all completely tired of them at the end of about 2 weeks. In case any of you don't know what Asian pears are they are shaped like a apple, but taste like... Um, they taste like Asian pears! Anyhow, we have apples, cherry's,( That the birds got before us.*Sniff*) and another kind of apple tree. But they don't produce as much as the Asian pear! And for our animals we have, dogs, Sunny and Jessa, 3 goats, including the baby, Rosetta, about 10 pigeons, about 12 chickens, 4 ducks, 6 rabbits, and a cow. Well, I think I have completely run out of  descriptions of our 5 acre farm!
Thanks for reading this post, and please tell me what you thought!


Mary






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read them all!