Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Psalms: Let Him Lead The Way


I am going to a girls bible study, studying Psalm 37, learning about parallelisms, and starting prayer journals. It is inspiring to have other girls (including my sister) studying the same thing, so that we can help each other along. I just wanted to share a little about what I've been learning. First, I know a little bit more about what a psalm is. A psalm is a prayer, a praise, a song, a expression of worship, and a poem. I'm pretty sure that all of the psalms were to God, making them a prayer. I think that most of the psalms were praising God, or end up praising God after doubt or despair. And most of the psalm say' to the choir directer', or something that give indication that it was sung or had something to do with music. Psalms is a way the people in the bible times talked with God, one of their ways of worship. It is also written in a way to make it sound like a poem, not necessarily rhyming though. Prayer is or should be a big part of our daily lives, but not everyone honers that. When you start a prayer journal, it makes you want to be almost constantly praying. So, I would encourage you to start one and tell me about it. Knowing God, and learning more and more about Him should be a life goal. Don't give up, you have a stronger Friend who is more than willing to help if you will only ask. Try letting God be in control, let him take the wheel, He knows where we're going better than us. 




Mary










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read them all!