Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Book Review :Audrey(Cow), by: Dan Bar-El


This book was very cute, ( which is saying a lot because I usually don't like books about animals.) and I thought I might just tell you, so that if your brain is fried, you can just pick this book up and read! Its super easy to follow, but I still liked it.:) This cow, Audrey, ( I happen to love that name, after I read the book!) is destined to the meat section of the grocery store, (as her mother was, only her mother didn't escape) but that is not okay with her. So, with the help of a best-friend-from-birth kind of friend,Eddie the dog, and the grumpy pig, Buster, whose brain can hardly fit his head, she develops a plan to escape. When a purposely planted flat tire halts the truck that's taking her to 'Abbots War', as the animals call the slaughter house, Audrey slip's out the back of the truck, using a unlock-the-door-latch trick that Buster the pig taught her, and with the help of two crows escapes to the forest. In the forest she finds many different kinds of animals, some she wants to meet and others, well, you wouldn't want her to meet them...ever. You'll have to read the book to find out the ending. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
What books have you been reading lately? I'd love to hear about them!


Mary




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read them all!